Hello Darling Readers!
First tag of the year! Thank you very much to Rukky @ Eternity Books for tagging me for this award!
Am I a neat person? Debatable.
But I don’t really know if the award means neat as in cool, or neat as tidy or organized.
But either way it’s a good thing!
Let’s get started!
- Display the Award Logo.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
- Answer the questions of the one who nominated you.
- Nominate some bloggers.
- Ask them seven questions.
Did you meet any authors this year? If so, which ones?
*Cue the sad sigh
There are very few authors in South Africa who write books in the genres I read. Even fewer go on tour and then they are mostly non-fiction or thriller authors.
So, no. I envy all the North Americans who get to meet my favorite authors or even see them in person!
What were your top 3 books this year?
My top 3 books of this year (or last year…) are
- Dorothy and the Glass Key by Christopher J. Finn
- King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
What’s your most anticipated book for 2020?
It’s between House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas and Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare, but honestly these days I can’t think of Chain of Gold without squealing in excitement!
I’ve pre-ordered the book and I’m praying that there’s still one first edition left for me!
Coffee or Tea?
Um, tea obviously.
I have so many boxes of tea, I show them off to all my visitors.
Which underrated book do you love?
This book is one I’ve mentioned over and over and over again in many posts. It’s definitely Dorothy and the Glass Key by Christopher J. Finn.
You don’t understand: this is one of those books that are so weird and wild and frightening at times. I loved it and I still do.
If there was any book I could compare it with, it’s definitely Coraline.
So please do yourself a favour and read this book.
What would be your perfect night?
This is probably a very boring answer, but I love Friday nights after a busy week. The whole weekend is still waiting for you and you can finally relax. A nice cup of tea and a book/movie/series before bed and then sleeping so tight, nothing will wake me up.
Choose a random question you’d like to answer:
Alrighty then, favorite band/singer you discovered this year?
Definitely Florence+ The Machine. Their music is so different, but I love it!
- Octavia @ Mythical Reads
- Emma @ Emma’s Things To Read
- Beck @ Smellfoy Can Read
- Heater @ A Cozy Fox Blog
- What’s your favorite book cover?
- What song reminds you of your favorite book?
- Favorite book quote?
- Which book would you like to see adapted to the screen?
- What book-to-screen adaptation do you hate?
- Worst book you read in 2019 and why?
- Which book/series would you want to own and why?
Till we meet again!