Hello darling readers!
April might have flown by, but May trudged along at an unbearable pace. Not much happened this month, except for the fact that I got to see my best friends this week for the first time in 2 months! I didn’t think I would be so emotional, but the moment I hugged my friend I started crying!
We’re moving to lockdown level 3 next week, so then I can finally start jogging in the afternoon. We’ve also gotten the new proposed dates for when we might go to school and it’s only in July, so I’ve got another month at home.
This month wasn’t my most productive, but I am proud of myself for at least reading a bit!
Books I’ve Read This Month:
I gave it 4,75/5 stars! You can read my review here!
I gave this Netgalley arc 2,25/5 stars. You can read my review here!
Favorite Blog Posts This Month:
- How Book to Screen Adaptations SHOULD Be Created // a heartfelt analysis from someone who has been disappointed way too often by Xandra @ Starry Sky Books. I think this is a post we all agree with!
- SASSY Saturday by The Sassy Library Fox. Definitely one I think I’ll try out!
- To you who called me ”fat” by thebookishnerd. A heartfelt post that I think everyone will appreciate!
- AKOW: that essay I got 4th place for by Beck @ SMELLFOY CAN READ. An excellent essay that conveys an important message without being aggressive!
- Review || Crescent City by Sarah J Maas (More evidence as to why SJM is a Queen… oh and also major Fangirling bc i gotta) by Jamie @ Bubbly Books. Great review for a book I loved as well!
- Book Blog Newbie Tag! by kayppuccinoreads. The first of the new book bloggers I found!
- The Book Blog Newbie Tag by Books and Adventures. The second new blogger I found!
- 4 Ideas for Collaboration with other Bloggers by Jacob @ Books and Pixels. Some great ideas for potential collaborations in the future?
- Fantasy Book Adaptation Tag by Sahi @ My World Of Books. A great tag I want to do!
Other Posts You Might Have Missed:
- 13.) WWW Wednesday:
- Quote: House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas
- Interview with Inspired Quill!
- 14.) WWW Wednesday:
- Quote: The Girl of Hawthorn and Glass by Adan Jerreat-Poole
- 20.) Book Beginnings/ The Friday 56:
- 15.) WWW Wednesday :
- 21.) Book Beginnings/ The Friday 56:
New movies/series I watched or music I listened to:
- Spies in Disguise. After watching the trailer, I wasn’t particularly excited for it, but this is definitely one of the best movies I’ve watched this year! It’s hilarious, it’s heartfelt, the actors have great chemistry, and the overall message of the film is one I think many will appreciate! 9/10
- Onward. I was sooooo excited for this movie and the trailer looked great! However, Ian (Tom Holland) fell really flat for me and was really boring to watch compared to Barley (Chris Pratt) who was instantly a character that I loved. The story was great and the supporting characters well-developed, but Ian’s flatness really messed it up for me. 7/10
- Emma. I had no plans to watch this movie, but I saw it being talked about here and there. I don’t think I’ve ever watched a Jane Austen adaptation, but this movie was spectacular. The action, the costume, the setting, the writing, the story…EVERYTHING is perfect! 9/10
- Trolls World Tour. I didn’t think they would pull it off, to be honest. How could you top the brilliant first movie with music that still sticks in my head? Well, consider me impressed. The music, the colours, the animation, the music! I feel like they could have focused a bit more on the characters, but that’s my only concern! Absolutely fantastic and I loved it to bits! 7/10
- Outer Banks. Two of my friends, both who are very different individuals, recommended this to me. I thought that since both of them loved it, I would love it. I did enjoy it a lot, but this is definitely an example of a character-driven story with a weak plot. The story wasn’t very strong, but the characters are so lovable! I only finished it for the characters, not going to lie, and the story ended very abruptly for me. 8/10
- Survivor. The 40th season of Survivor kicked off this year and ended with a bang! It was a wild, unpredictable, enjoyable season and I can’t wait for the next one! 8/10
- The Call. I’ve never watched one of Halle Barry’s movies and I’m glad I did! I watched this one with my friends and it was so intense; we were constantly shouting at the screen! 8/10
- Awake. I immediately recognized the lead actor from Star Wars! This movie wasn’t as intense as I thought it would be, but the plot twist caught me completely off guard; I literally got chills! 7/10
Random Stuff I Want To Mention:
I sent in my first essay for English since the first term and I’m extremely proud of myself for the mark I received! I had to send in a video of my speech too, and that went just as well!
It was my best friend’s birthday this month and I got her a copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone because she loves Harry Potter and I think she would really love the books, and my other best friend got a copy of Throne of Glass because I think she would really enjoy it since she loves Game of Thrones!
All in all, it was a busy month for birthdays! My grandmother, my sister, 7 of my friends including my best friend, and my niece had their birthdays this month! Strange, but I love them all!
Did anything special happen to you this month or was it just the same as always (even though I could argue that nothing is the same😂)? I hope your month was fantastic and that you’re ready for the June!
Till we meet again!